Monday, March 30, 2009

Arrows



Psa 127:1 A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon. Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
Psa 127:2 It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.
Psa 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.
Psa 127:4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.
Psa 127:5 Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.


This text reminds me of my home and family. It is comforting to know that God is the builder and watcher of my life, my family and my home. I take in joy in understanding that we are in God's hands...yes he is that big!!! As Hebrews chapter one states, " he upholds the universe by the word of his power. " He holds it ALL together. He does all this by His WORD. That is awesome to know.


But I chose Psalm 127 today because of the blessing my wife and I will receive in a few months. Lord willing, we will be blessed with a new "arrow". Children are a blessing, gift, and an inheritance from the Lord.


I thank him for his grace and magnificant blessings!

No comments: